Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Alta Mira, Echeandia, Ecuador

I went to the jungle this past weekend ... well it really was the coast, but it felt like the jungle.

A few photos ...


My host sister and I went to help my mom cook for a local cooking competition. We cooked all day preparing for 100 peole to show-up, eat our food, and vote for their favorite. I guess the people organizing the event didn't publicize very well ... because, noone showed up! It was an unfortunate event, but we went exploring anyways...


Alta Mira.


A little haven in the jungle.


They had an ostrich, tiger, turtle, birds, fish and snakes!


There were 7 waterfalls on the property ... photo with Ide and Waterfall #2.


Waterfall #1 and the swimming pool.


Hiking to the top of the hill ... my host mother got some help from the horse.


Sunset over Echeandia, Ecuador. Our guide and his daughter.


Plus ... weekend live entertainment!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Deanna! I Love seeing your pictures, it looks like you're having a fabulous time. I'm sure there are moments that are overwhelming but if there's anyone I know who could handle it, it's YOU :) KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!
    Besitos guapa :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete